General COVID Policies & Precautions
WHBPAC will always put the safety of its patrons and staff first, and will always adhere to the latest guidelines published by New York State. A summary of current NYS guidelines can be found on the NY Forward website.
As of June 2021:
- Sales for Mainstage & Arts Academy shows may be done over the phone, online, or in person.
- We are not checking vaccination status. However, if you are vaccinated, please feel free to take off your mask. If you are not vaccinated, please keep your mask on and maintain social distancing.
- For shows that are outdoors: please see FOH at the Great Lawn.
- We will not be issuing physical tickets. Depending on the show, you may be issued e-tickets, or you may just need to give your name at the door.
- Tickets are generally non-refundable/non-exchangeable. However, exceptions may be made for illness and state required quarantine. If you are feeling ill on the day of the performance, please do not attend! Call the Box Office at 631-288-1500.
- Patrons are encouraged to download New York State’s COVID NY Alert and keep their phone on them at all times.
- Patron data such as name, birth date, phone number, email address, and seat location will be shared only with the Department of Health if contract tracing becomes necessary. Otherwise, we still value our patrons’ privacy and we will never share or sell your data.
- Should it be necessary to stagger entrance times or locations, Box Office staff may contact you prior to the show to inform you of your assigned time/location.
- As of Memorial Day, all of our full time staff is fully vaccinated.
We have installed UV filters, which our HVAC company has told us is more effective than what NYS’s minimum filter mandate is. While we have always been amply stocked with soap in the bathrooms, we have now added hand sanitizing stations throughout the theatre, and we ionize the auditorium between every class, film screening and live performance. Our cleaning crew also comes before and after every group that utilizes the theatre.
First and foremost, we hope that you and your loved ones are safe and healthy. We have received questions from parents about if and how COVID-19 will affect Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center. Although we are nearing the end of the pandemic, it is still important for us to be diligent with our safety measures and keeping our students, your children safe. The health and safety of our students and staff remains our highest priority. Below, you will find a summary of actions we are taking to help ensure we are lowering COVID-19 risk as much as possible. We are:
• Intensifying cleaning and disinfection practices within our facilities and premises by wiping down all surfaces and using an ionizer in between classes.
• Promoting healthy hygiene practices by asking our students to frequently wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, monitoring campers to make sure they are washing their hands, providing our students with hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol when they don’t have easy access to soap and water, encouraging children to cover their coughs and sneezes with a tissue or to use the inside of their elbow, and posting signs about these healthy habits around the camp facility.
• Wearing face coverings in all rehearsals and shows.
We ask that you help us protect the health of our students. Anyone who is sick or was sick with COVID-19 or recently in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days— including staff, campers, and families— should not come to camp. Be on the lookout for symptoms of COVID-19, which include fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, and loss of taste or smell. Call your doctor if you think you or a family member is sick.
If you have a specific question about this plan or COVID-19, please contact Kristen Poulakis at 631-288-2350 x 112 or more information. You can also find more information about COVID-19 at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus or on CDC’s website for youth and summer camps (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/summer-camps.html).
We look forward to seeing you.
Thank you and stay healthy,
Arts Academy Director